Created in October 2009, this site is a digital record of pupil activities, communications and work. Last year's P6/7 class can continue to access this site while the current Primary 6 class will be building upon it. I hope that this blog will be a means by which the children can share their work with family and friends across the globe.
Craighill Primary School is located in Tain, the oldest Royal Burgh in the Highlands of Scotland. We are situated near the mouth of the Dornoch Firth, about 30 minutes North of Loch Ness. Craighill is a semi-open plan school, providing both English Mainstream and Gaelic Medium Education from Nursery to Primary Seven.
I am Julie Gordon, this year a P6 class teacher. I am from the States and have 33 years of teaching experience, most of it in the Scottish schools system. I love being in this profession where there is always something new to learn, new challenges to meet and new young people to inspire.
We want everyone to enjoy our blog and with that in mind, we have developed the following rules:
1. Keep everyone's personal details private.
2. Be respectful at all times.
3. Stay on the topic of discussion and keep your comments school appropriate.
4. Edit your work for accurate spelling, grammar and punctuation.
5. Publish your own work in your own words.
6. Notify Mrs Gordon immediately if you find something inappropriate on the blogsite.
7. Mrs Gordon has the right to delete any comments that she feels are inappropriate or off task.